Sat, Jul 31|
The Circle Creative Coworking
Construction 101 Crash Course - July Session
Calling all female homeowners! Are you ready to kick ass + take names with your upcoming home renovation or build? Led by industry pro Emily Cox, this in-person crash course is for you!
Time & Location
Jul 31, 2021, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
The Circle Creative Coworking, 1809b Reynolds Ave, North Charleston, SC 29405, USA
About the Event
Are you ready to kick ass + take names with your upcoming home renovation or build? Led industry pro Emily Cox of Onyx Design Collaborative, this one is for you!
In this delightfully aggressive Construction 101 crash course capped at just 10 participants, we will cover critical topics designed to arm you (locked and loaded!) for your project along with providing key templates so you will come out swinging.
Covering the following topics and deliverables, our goal is to leave you with complete confidence in the face of your upcoming endeavor and help you keep that precious sanity intact:
- Introduction to the members of design/construction team
- Introduction to interview process for design/construction team to include templates for introductory emails and interview questions
- Introduction to construction contracts along with recommendations on contract structure for all team members
- How to read an architectural set
- Introduction to construction communication best practices including tech stack for project tracking, meeting notes template, project binder organization template, selections schedule template, and a project progress checklist template
This onsite course will end with a Q&A session along with an optional review of your "napkin sketch" plans or project outline. *Note that Emily's consulting rate is $175/hr, so this baked in pick-her-brain time is a steal.
Your course investment also comes with exclusive access to the private Building Badasses Construction Confidence Facebook Group where you will find 600+ female construction/design professionals at your disposal.
Construction 101 Crash Course
Local, in-person seminar to be capped at 10 participants